Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I do appreciate the prayers of others...really!

But I sent an email to my family to stop...well, you can read it for yourself...
"One of you has apparently been praying for patience to be bestowed upon me....well.....QUIT IT!!! :)"

I don't know if I can handle what is being bestowed so far!
"After a long Sunday...and visitors that left at 9:30pm, Monday morning was a real treat. Sunday afternoon in the midst of the yaya upstairs, I headed to change laundry over to be met with a very unusual sound produced from the dryer. Unload the dryer of LARGE dark load, lay out clothes to dry while Bradley trys to dismantle the dryer. THought the belt is bad, but not so Brad tells me, "THe dryer will probably go bad before the belt does. Just use it." Hmmmmmmm YOu can hear it all the way upstairs. :(
So on to Monday.....Brad is golfing. I am sitting enjoying a fresh brewed cup of DECAF coffee from my new coffee maker, the girls are showering and I hear a very unusual sound in the ceiling above my head, above the kitchen table in the exact spot that the shower/tub is in the kids bath. "Hmmm," I think, "wouldn't that be just a kick in the head if water came through the ceiling." Back to reading and back to my wonderful coffee. To my amazement, water is hitting the floor behind my chair and splashing on my feet. I look up and notice water is forming on the the ceiling. Before long, many, many drops of water are coming. I run upstairs, tell Al to get out of the shower and turn off water. They went and used our bathroom. Water is continuing to drip from the ceiling. Brad is still golfing....I called and asked where he was...."Almost home!" Water is still dripping rapidly from the ceiling....Brad gets a drill and a bucket....Drills hole is ceiling....Water dripping slower now.....Where is it coming from? Brad comes up from the basement and cuts a large hole in ceiling right over the window of the table....Wipes up water....Turn on water in tub....let run....turn on shower.....let run.....no drips forming. It is now 9:45pm....Dad S. heads to bed. Brad is upstairs messing with the shower head and he finds out it is dripping from the shower head connection. Go to bed....Hole still there....Dryer still making obnoxious noise and about 3 loads of laundry to be done to keep up with the demand of undies that Caden has not been using?!?...
I had to go to Sam's Club for daycare supplies...BIG ORDER to get ready for summer camp....I didn't unload it last night in the dark, by myself at school.
So Tuesday...it is raining so hard today with no end in sight. No one seems to be needing any cups, plates, spoons, or forks. Yesterday, they couldn't make it through the day without supplies, but today they are all fine knowing that whoever needs stuff will have to run back and forth to the van to unload the supplies. OOOOPSY!!
I am actually shaking my head and laughing, waiting for God's answer on the whole patience issue.
Only 11 full days of school left."
Maybe by  then...I will be ready for some more patience!?

1 comment:

  1. It wasn't me, Mari! I did enjoy (?? sorry) hearing about all your trials. I know it wasn't funny at the time, but sure makes for a good story! And I am SO GLAD to get in on your family happenings. You really need to come for a visit!

    ReplyDelete