Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Sittin' On Top of the World....Lookin' down on Creation....

This is me....and the steeple jack hooking onto the steel supports as we worked our way up the bridge.
I am the second on the left.  This was taken by the guy who is the engineer in charge of the Bridge.  He is on the road under the Bridge.
This is coming down.  This is the International Bridge connecting US and Canada at the "Soo".  We did a tour of the Soo Locks but didn't get a boat tour.  Not up and running yet.  A big ocean liner came through while we were there and they gave us clearance to be on the inside of the gate as it came through.  So so so cool and interesting. 
Sault Ste. Marie, MI

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe it, Mari. At first I thought maybe it was Brad. Then I made the photo bigger and it REALLY WAS YOU!!! Not on your life would I ever do that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So neat! HOWever...I am not sure I would be able to make myself go up there...that high...I am not as adventurous as you!
    Looked a mite chilly?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Mari...what great pictures...youse was way up there! My, my, my, a great experience...member when you used to climb the walls of rock with me at Temperance River?

    ReplyDelete